Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 3

I went to the funeral home today to make arrangements for Mom. My cousin Randy and my Mom's friend from work Debbie and her mother Diane went with me. I'm so glad they did. She wanted to be cremated, so I chose a beautiful stainless steel urn with ornate gold trim. It came with a heart shaped keepsake box with the same pattern. The visitation will be this Wednesday Oct 13 between 6pm and 8pm. I'm terrified of what comes after that though. It will be the first day of a whole new life for me. I've signed up to go to grief counseling. I just can't work through this without some help. Last night I talked to the neighbor behind for a long time and it seemed to help and I was even able to joke a little today with my cousin while reminiscing about Mom.

One hour at a time. That's my new mantra.

No comments: