Thursday, July 2, 2009

About This Blog

Let me say right off the bat I'm a cat pootie fanatic. We have "adopted" several strays in the area and by "adopted", I mean we put food and water out for them. We have have had most of the males fixed, but there are still a couple of females that still need to have that done, and as you can imagine, there are litters born every year. Most don't survive, and the ones that do, we either give away or take to the humane society. Which brings me to Snarklepants, the reason for this blog. You see, he had a brother we named Marble and these 2 kittens seemed the healthiest of all the kittens we'd seen born and were going to make plans to slowly get them used to humans in hopes of adopting them out. But Marble's life was cut short by a car and I ended up having him euthanized. This left Snarklepants devastated. Still very skittish of me, I've been slowly getting him used to me. Today was a breakthrough. He let me hold and pet him and get close enough to take pics and videos. This will be a daily diary of Snarklepants as he gets used to the human world and hopefully will end up as an inside lap cat. And advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. And without further ado, here's my beloved
Snarklpants!











<

2 comments:

nonnie9999 said...

i wish you and snarklepants many happy years together.

DJShay said...

Thanks nonnie! ME too!