Friday, July 17, 2009

Sir Snarklepants First Vet Visit

This went surprisingly well considering he's still a bit skittish. The day started with me trying to find a carrier at Walmart. There were only 3 pet carriers im the store and they were for dogs. And kind of blingee at that but I bought it anyway and it turns out it works much better than the hard plastic carriers. It was extremely easy to get him in and out of.




I get him in the carrier with no problem.



But as soon I started driving the meowing started, here's a vid of me driving with Snarkle whining in the backgroung. He's drowning out Science Friday on NPR!



Here's the waiting room:



Inside the examining room, this picture broke my heart!!




And here's some video of him on the examining room. He did really well:



This is after his examination and shots. He's grooming himself, so I know he wasn't too traumatized:



And the results were very good. He weighs 3.5 pounds, is about 12 weeks old. Negative for Feline Leukemia and HIV. No ear mites which it truly unusual for a cat that stays outside all the time. The doc showed me a spot on his tongue that indicated herpes/upper respiratory could be a factor later on, but I kind of figured that. Most strays do carry that disease. He did have round worm, but they gave me a pill to give to him. I'll wait until tomorrow. He's had enough stress for one day. And of course FLEAS! I'll treat him with Advantage multi tomorrow, but he really needs a flea bath. He goes back in three weeks for a booster vaccination and then we will schedule the neuter surgery and chip implant. I expected him to bound out of the carrier once I got him home, but he casually walked out kind of stuck around me for a while. The is the beginning of a beautiful relationship ^_^



Bookmark and Share

No comments: